Translate

Monday 19 November 2012

Morrisons - lacking customer care



Again I have to report a negative with one of my former favourite supermarkets. Morrisons has always had good fruit/veg and meats. If you remember several months ago I noted that they had gone back to caged hen eggs and I stopped shopping there for a couple of months.

I felt thaqt I would give them another chance, simply never buying eggs from them again. So we went shopping a couple of months ago in the Inverness store. We bought, among other things, an apple strudel.

That night, half way through eating it, I found a fly in the strudel. This is one of the worst things that could happen. You don't know whether you have eaten another one or not. I felt very sick and we sent the fly and packaging back to Morrisons. A month later we got a reply.

The reply basically said they couldn't see anything untowards in the piece we returned and that it was likely to have been a herb that made its way into the strudel.

Now we took photo's and sent them as well and they clearly show a fly. Whomever examined the sample (if it was ever looked at) was clearly blind. Not only is is obviously not a herb, you can make out wings and legs.

We were sent, as way of compensation, a £5 shopping voucher, a mere token gesture.

Now I would like to stress that I have never, ever sent anything off before, I never complain about things but I had been left feeling so ill after this, I wanted an apology.

We did not get an apology. £5 is quite frankly a slap in the face. This is not how you keep customers, it is not how you treat customers.

I am utterly disgusted by their behaviour and will never, ever go back. They have lost someone who spent over £200 a month in their shop in Inverness.

So much for customer care!

Asda and on the few occasions I can get out to Nairn to go to Sainsbury's, will receive my custom from now on.

On another note, I have written 3 books. 2 are part of a series set in Scoltand about the Sidhe, fairy folk. Available on kindle and in paperback:

The Island of the Mist is book 2

The Stone in the Sword is book 1

The 3rd book is an adult, sexy witchy werewolf/vampire story set in New York and featuring a strong female lead character, again available in kindle and paperback formats:

The Wolf, the Witch and the Coffin

No comments:

Post a Comment